So I came back to write a post so I now have the confidence i just might get back to blogging.Today's post is a Home made pizza sauce because home made is good.
Reading really discouraging news all over about junk food and fast food we hardly buy pizzas, burgers, etc ever for the kids.I try to bake breads once a week these days.This time i wanted to make yea logic- pizza but then i can never stick to any recipe.I didn't make a pizza!!The next post will that.I made pizza rolls.Sorry for the pictures I've to reach for my camera next and start clicking some decent pictures which is my next best hobby to blogging.
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Tomato 2 medium
Capsicum half a small one
Onion 1 medium
Garlic pods 3
Carrom seeds/omam/ajwain seeds 1/2 tsp *
Pizza seasoning as required (optional)
Pepper powder 1/2 tsp or as needed
Olive oil 1 tsp
Salt to taste
- Wash vegetables and mark slits on the under side of the tomatoes,place the vegetables in a pressure cooker with very little water and allow to cook for about 3-4 whistles.
- Once cooled, peel the tomatoes and place all the vegetables in the mixer jar and make into a chunky paste mixture.i made it almost smooth paste because my picky lil eaters will sit and pick out the vegetables.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the carrom seeds, and the puree mixture and a qtr of the water used to boil the vegetables.allow this mixture to boil until thick.Add some pizza seasoning and pepper powder.Turn off the heat and allow to cool.Check for salt and add if needed.
- I have stored it in an airtight container and refrigerated it.This can be used for pizza sauce or pastas too.
- I didn't make the sauce to chunky because of my kids, You can check the consistency as per your like.
- I just got pizza seasoning and am yet to use it so will update the quantity after i use it again.
- Carrom seeds give a very nice taste to the sauce.