I should say accidents become blog posts. I wanted to make some evening snacks for kids after soaking about few tablespoons of urad dal i found out i didn't have any more of it, so i soaked channa dal for a few hours then i ground it like our regular parupu vada it turned out super fluffy and the kids loved it.
Friday, November 11, 2016
I must admit recently I have started losing my touch at making nonveg dishes :) even my DH has made that clear to me.I was all geared up to prove that i haven't lost and what better way to impress folks than a chicken biryani.
This is an old post that I'm redoing because of an email i got which i totally didn;t understand.
Wednesday, October 19, 2016
I've been wanting to make pizza for ages ofcourse from scratch.But somehow things never work out.Either i have no veggies for toppings or no cheese.So this time i just decided i should go and make something with a pizza base.I made the pizza sauce the day before.Also the idea was to make pizza pinwheels but what happened was not very nice to look at but tasted really yummy and my kids loved it.
Wednesday, September 7, 2016
Monday, August 29, 2016
I haven't blogged in a long time i don't remember how long too.But one thing is that i miss blogging so much for not only the recipes but the whole process cooking, editing pictures and posts, and lastly i miss the links the blog world gave me.I have made some really good friends through blogging and i would want to continue to do so.
Tuesday, January 5, 2016
Happy 2016! This will be my longest break ever and if I get back now I'm going to do cartwheels! So good luck to me on getting back to blogging. Many friends asked me if I stopped blogging for good as much I kept giving reasons for not blogging I so definitely wanted to get back to it because the blog world gave me some wonderful friends and contacts. Even though we met through the virtual world, it's as if we've known each other so well. Today's recipe is caramel popcorn my ever so fav version of the humble popcorn which makes such a wonderful snack and companion for many an occasion.
Last weekend we bought a container of caramel popcorn for such a high price and V was like how come you've never tried this! I was wondering how come!??
Preparation time : 1 hour
Recipe source : here
Corn kernels 3/4 cup
Oil 3/4 tablespoons
Butter 1/4 cup
Honey 3 tablespoon
Salt 1/4 tsp
Baking soda 1/4 tsp
Brown sugar and white sugar 1/3 cup each (you can use either one completely)
Vanilla essence 2 tsp
- In a deep large vessel preferably nonstick, on a low heat , add oil and corn kernels. Stir well and sprinkle salt to taste.
- increase the temperature until the corn kernels pop and turn off when the popping just about stops.
- tip the popcorn into a lined baking Tray.
- preheat oven to 140-150C.
- in the same deep vessel used to pop the corn add butter sugar honey and vanilla essence. On a low heat allow the sugar to melt and caramelize with occasional stirring. When the mixture comes to a boil and all the sugar has melted switch off the heat and add the baking soda it will bubble up stir and allow to settle.
- quickly tip in the popcorn and mix well slowly so that we get maximum coating of the caramel on the popcorn.
- turn this coated popcorn on to a lined tray and bake for about 15-20 minutes with occasional stirring so it bakes evenly.
Allow to cool and break the clumps of any and store in an airtight container.
Enjoy your movie or evening tv show with crunchy sweet buttery caramel