Thursday, August 14, 2014

Three ingredient Almond Burfi/Fudge

Its festival season now in India one after the other even though we don't celebrate them just witnessing them and the festivities in the neighbourhood is a joy.Its our Independence Day tomorrow so wish you all a Happy Independence Day.


Whenever I see indian recipes I feel they are so difficult and tedious to do because of the various factors like the consistency and timing of cooking.This barfi is a soft and fudgy one which can be done in just a matter of ten minutes.This took me exactly that time and I tried only a small amount because I hate to waste anything and almonds would be the last thing I want to throw away.I call it two ingredient mainly because there are only two main ingredients and everything else can be optional or safely avoided.I used my condensed milk which i made about two weeks ago since I stored it in the fridge right away it was good till now.


Preparation time : 15 minutes

You need

Almonds half cup
Condensed milk half cup
Butter 1 tsp
Saffron a generous pinch(optional)
Roughly chopped or coursely ground almonds 2 spoons(optional)
Milk 2-3 tablespoons






  • Grease a tray with butter or ghee and set aside.
  • Blanch almonds or boil them in water for 10 minutes and let it cool, the peels will easily come off once it cools.
  • Blend this in a blender to a course powder first then add milk (very little) and grind to a fine paste.
  • Heat butter in a pan, add the finely ground almond paste and condensed milk keep stirring until the entire mixture starts leaving the pan as one whole mass.
  • Add coursely ground almonds and some saffron to this and stir.
  • Spoon out the mixture onto the greased tray and for a square shape tightly with a spoon or spatula.Wet your hands or a flat knife and smooth the top of the barfi.Garnish the tops with roughly chopped nuts and saffron strands.

  • Allow to cool and score lines on the barfi once cooled you can take it out as pieces.


See all the disturbance I have while clicking pictures both my kids trying to pick something from the table I set.I have to be really fast in taking pictures else I won't find anything anymore.

Barfis are ready or can be exchanged as edible gifts to your friends and family during festivals.

Tips :


  • The condensed milk has to be equal to the quantity of ground almond paste.
  • Don't add too much milk to grind the almonds else it will take forever to get the desired consistency.If you don't cook the mixture enough it will not set and you won't be able to get pieces.
  • My barfi has to be cooked a little more to make it hard pieces but this was nice and soft and retained the shape of the pieces.
  • If making larger quantities store in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by and giving me all the encouragement to keep going.

You May also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis