Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Capsicum Parathas

I love parathas of which aloo parathas are the most famous and popular among most.Its such an easy way to sneak vegetables especially with fussy picky eaters.This is one such easy and aromatic paratha.

I haven't stuffed this paratha its just grated capsicum mixed into the atta/wheat flour and some spices and there your dinner is ready in minutes!!
We have exams going on here and so I have no time to sit and transfer pictures so I dug this up from my drafts folder its been there for a while I know but I make it often and it always make a good meal.






Preparation time : 30 minutes (including resting and cooking time)

You need

Wheat flour 2 cups
Water about 1 cup or more 
Green capsicum 2 whole deseeded
Cumin seed powder 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder 1 tsp
Ginger grated 1 tsp
Garlic grated 1 tsp
Ghee or butter to cook



  • In a bowl add the wheat flour and the other dry ingredients.
  • Grate the capsicum into this mixture and rub it together so all the moisture is absorbed of the vegetable.
  • Add water slowly and mix into a soft dough.
  • Pinch small balls and roll out into thin chapathis and cook on either side on hot griddle or pan with ghee or butter or oil.
  • Serve hot with raita and pickle of your choice or simple dal gravies.


I served these parathas with brinjal raitha.Enjoy simple and quick meals with your family.

My other paratha recipes on the Cooking tab under Rotis/flatbreads/Parathas


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by and giving me all the encouragement to keep going.

You May also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis