What I've been upto lately I have to write here that I wouldn't want to make a post on my blog - watching the same movie back to back whole of last week ever since I first watched it.Its been a while since I've gone bonkers over any movie.
If I start writing about the movie this is going to be a tad bit long post so scroll down to see this beautifully yummy and easy recipe.To sum up the movie really shortly, Om Shanthi Oshanna is a recent malayalam movie with the leading pair of the industry Nivin Pauly and Nazriya.The movie is really well made with good songs, an interestingly made love story and good sceneries.And to top it all i love the pair.The heroine is really cute and bubbly and its about her quest to find the guy of her dreams herself.The dialogues, one liners and everything is just so funny and entertaining that I keep watching it again and again.
This recipe is a quick and easy to make breakfast or snack item.My family loves it especially the kids because I add lots of potatoes to it.Many times I even make it for after school snack and its well appreciated even then.
Poha/flattened rice/aval 2 cups (i used the thick variety)
Boiled potatoes 2 medium chopped roughly
Coriander leaves 2 sprigs chopped finely
Onion 1 medium finely chopped
Lime juice of 1 medium sized lime
Salt to taste
Oil 1 tablespoon
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Peanuts 1 tablespoon (or more)
Green chillies 1 chopped finely (optional)
Curry leaves 2 sprigs
Turmeric powder/manjal podi/haldi 1/2 tsp
- Wash the poha and soak in water just to submerge the poha.It should soak up all the water and turn fluffy.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the ingredients one after the other to temper on after the other as the oil heats up,add the onions and fry well until the onions are soft.
- Add the turmeric powder and salt to taste along with half cup of water.
- Add the boiled potatoes to this.
- Once the potatoes are tender and soft, add the poha and mix all this well.
- Check for salt and add the lime juice to taste.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle chopped coriander leaves.
Enjoy a bowl of hot batata poha with your morning coffee or evening tea!!