Last week after I posted my focaccia recipe i made this omelette/frittata the next day. Frittata is an Italian egg based dish similar to the omelette but with extra added vegetables, meat and cheese(source : wiki).
It might seem surprising but I found my first ever pack of mushrooms in the last 3 yrs here two weeks ago.And I used them in all the dishes I always wanted to try :) like in vegetable biryanis, noodles, and this frittata.Needless to say, these mushrooms are really yummy when added to any dish,
Onion 1 large
Capsicum half a cup chopped finely
Mushrooms 5-6 chopped lenghtwise
Coriander leaves 3-4 sprigs
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Oil 2-3 tablespoon
- Chop the vegetables all lengthwise, keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the onions and a pinch of salt so it browns sooner, once the onions start caramelizing add the mushrooms and capsicum.
- Fry well until the vegetables are soft.Add salt for the vegetables.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with salt and pepper as needed.(be careful with the salt as we add it for each step)
- Once the vegetables are done, spread it out well in the pan, and add the beaten eggs over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle pepper over the egg mix.
- Add the coriander leaves over the omelette.
- Cover and cook until the egg is cooked on the top side, by this time the sides will start leaving the pan which means the under side is done too.
- Serve hot with bread toasts and mayonnaise.
My kind of sunday breakfast - hot omelette stuffed in bread toasts with my favourite cup of coffee.