Oats is the new healthy breakfast in all households.While we all know its healthy we also know its not all that easy to gulp down a mug of oats!!
Oats are readily available in many flavoured packs these days but I hardly use up the oats I got ages ago so why would I get a new pack.Looking at this recipe my mom would ask "why cant you just have it when you know its healthy!" well i can just swallow it but I would be happier if i had it more easily with liking.
This can be used as baby food too.My lil one hates oats so disguise it with fruits and other flavours so he can eat it atleast a bit!
Preparation time - 20 minutes
Oats half cup
Water 1 cup
Vegetables - carrots,capsicum,peas
Oil 1 tsp
Curry leaves 4-5
Mustard - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
Onions 1 medium
Tomato 1 small
Sambar powder 1/2tsp
Tomato sauce 1 tsp
salt to taste
Coriander leaves to garnish
- Soak the oats in one cup of water for 10-15 minutes.Cook it until soft.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds once they pop, add curry leaves, onions, followed by finely chopped vegetables and peas.
- Add the tomato now and add salt for the vegetables.
- Add sambar powder and sauce now stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked oats and some water to combine it all.
- Cover and cook until all is mixed well in the spices.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Spicy healthy yummy oats is ready.