Eggs and bread are one incredible combination.On days when I am super lazy or just fancy having a good lunch I have bread and my favourite egg burji.Try adding a few slices of capsicum it just gives those eggs that incredible flavour I love.
I make this quick side dish for chapathis usually on mondays when I just can't drag myself off the bed.
Scrambled eggs aren't rocket science I know everyone makes them and everyone has their own favourite way to cook eggs.This one I like especially with bread and a tall glass of orange juice for lunch :) I have to be in bed but I'm thinking of egg burji on a toasted slice of bread now.
Preparation time - 15 minutes
Serves one generously
Onion 1 medium chopped finely
Tomato 1 small chopped finely
Capsicum a small piece or large as you like chopped finely
Curry leaves 4-5
Oil 1 tablespoon
Salt to taste
CHilli powder 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds,curryleaves, onions saute till transparent.
- Add tomato and cook until done.Next add the capsicum.
- Once the capsicum is tender add salt and chilli powder.
- Break the egg into the pan and stir vigorously until the egg is nice and dry.
- Turn off the heat once the egg is all done.
- Sprinkle chopped cilantro leaves.