Onam wishes to all my friends.
I have some close friends and we end up speaking about food more than our other stuff.So I thought I'm going to ask some of my friends to make guest posts for me.They are non bloggers just people so close to my heart.I'm glad such friendships exist in this age when people hardly find time to do anything but their own stuff.I thank Nandana who is a school friend of mine she took efforts to send me step wise pictures of this beautiful Onam delicacy - Puli Inji.
Lets see how this dish goes about.
Preparation time - 20 mins
Quantity one ramekin as shown in the pic.
3-4 tbsp of finely chopped ginger
2-3 tsp of finely chopped green chilli
2 tsp of Urad Dal (optional)
1 tsp of chana dal (optional)
1/2 tsp of grated Jaggery
Lime sized piece of tamarind
1/2 tsp of mustard seeds
Curry Leaves 3-4
Dried Red chillies 3-4
Oil 2 tsp
Pinch of Asafoetida
1. Heat 1-2 tsp of oil and burst mustard seeds in it .
2. Add Urad Dal, chana dal and red chillies and fry until dals turn light brown.
3. Add chopped ginger, curry leaves and green chillies and fry for about 30 seconds .
4. Add juice of tamarind, grated Jaggery and salt and boil.
5. Once it boils, reduce heat to medium and simmer until the mixture becomes a thick paste.
I have a collage of the procedure and ingredients below.
Second pic is taken at the end when it becomes a paste.
Hope you enjoy your Onam Sadya.Thanks Nandana for giving me this lovely post.