I love pasta for many reasons - thats its easy to put up and its a refreshing change from our regular indian food.Whenever I'm alone at home or theres nothing for lunch I quickly make some pasta for myself and LM who also loves pastas.Roasted vegetables really spice up any pastas you must try it to know.
Any kind of pasta can be used in this dish but i used spaghetti because it cooks really faster than all other kinds i feel.
This is the first time i added just plain roasted vegetable and i loved it.
Preparation time - 20 mins
Serves - 1
Spaghetti - enough for one person
Tomato chopped into tiny cubes
Garlic pods 3 chopped finely
Brinjal 1 small chopped in circles
Olive oil 1 tablespoon
Pepper powder 1/2 tsp
Vinegar 1 tsp
Chilli flakes 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
- Add spaghetti to boiling water by adding a tsp of oil and salt.Cook spaghetti until soft and done.Drain immediately and run some cold water this will prevent the spaghetti to stick together.
- Heat olive oil in a pan, add the garlic pieces next add the tomatoes and sauté until soft.
- Add the vinegar to this and pepper powder.
- Add the spaghetti and mix well.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil and sauté the brinjal rings until fried on both sides.
- Add these brinjal rings to the spaghetti and sprinkle some more pepper if needed.
Spicy tangy spaghetti is ready for lunch :)
Sending this to Know your cooking fats - cooking oil series @ JCO , Monsoon Temptations, Kids delight