Thursday, July 4, 2013

Home-made Gulab Jamuns

We crossed 100000 hits this week :) I have to thank all my friends who come here and constantly shower me with their generous support.My family members who give me their fun filled feedback and my DH who is ever ready to be my guinea pig  food critic and guide :) I thank the Lord who is behind all our endeavours and also mine who gave me the thought and idea to do something like this to pursue my interest in food and photography.






I'd like to share these home made gulab jamuns on my timy achievement.My mom used to make gulab jamuns from scratch she forgot the proportions however these were nearly close.I got the recipe from here.


It was so easy and the results were super good I don't remember any ready packed mix giving me such good results.This one's a keeper.We gobbled down 24 small soft pillowy jamuns in 2 days ( most vanished on the first day) After they vanished DH asked me when I got the ready mix I told him I made it from scratch,he was astonished!


Preparation time half hour (including frying)
Makes 24 small balls

You need

For the jamuns
Milk powder 1 cup( i used sweetened)
Ghee/Butter 1 tablespoon melted
Baking Soda 1/4 tsp
All purpose flour/maida 3 tablespoons
Pinch of salt
Distilled white vinegar 1/2 tsp
Whole milk 1/3 cup (less or more)

For the sugar syrup

Sugar 1 cup
Water 1 and half cup
Cardomom pods crushed 4-5
Saffron strands (optional) few
Yellow food color a pinch (optional)
Rose essence (optional) a few drops

Oil to deep fry
  • Mix all the ingredients except whole milk in a bowl add milk little by little to make a slightly sticky dough.Cover and let this rest for 20 minutes.
  • Apply ghee/oil on your palms and roll the dough into balls.
  • Once you've rolled the balls, turn on the oil to deep fry them.
  • The oil shouldn't be too hot else the insides of the dough balls will be uncooked.You need the flame to be on semi heat.Let the balls fry slowly.Get colored on the outside and cooked on the insides.
  •  To make the sugar syrup: Add sugar and water in a vessel and let the sugar dissolve add the cardamom pods and the other ingredients and mix well.
  • Once the gulab jamuns are fried (all of them) I dropped them into the sugar syrup.
  • Refrigerate this for 5-6 hours or over night for best results.


Super soft golden gulab jamuns are ready :) Enjoy!

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations Dear ! That is really a big milestone ..
    Jamuns are making me drooling here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was quick Sapana :) Couldn't do it without all of my dear friends u guys.

      Delete
  2. hearty congratulations princy... wish you many many more achievements to come... the jamuns look really yum...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am drooling here... They are so soft n yummy

    ReplyDelete
  4. soft and yummy.. congrats and all the best for many more to come

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry forgot to congratulate u... He he he... Ci grata dear... Wishing you to achieve more...

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow so so soft n yummylicious looking jamuns..n congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely picture.. I'm already drooling.. Perfect gulab jamuns :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats dear. the gulab jamuns look so soft and yum

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats and wishing u many more milestones like this..Juicy jamuns makes me drool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Princy,
    Gulab Jamuns look really delicious and soft.I can have at least 4 in one sitting :)
    Thank you so much for stopping by my space and also my Pinterest page.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow !! that is indeed a great milestone..kudos Princy. and the gulab jamus luks soo tempting..

    ReplyDelete
  12. great recipe... simple yet devilishly tempting!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by and giving me all the encouragement to keep going.

You May also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis