Its always chapathis for dinner at my house which gives me more freedom to let my mind run loose to create something new everyday.This is a rich gravy in which I have used a vegetable called Noolkol/Kohlrabi/German turnip.
To make this you need
Mixed veg cooked - carrot, beans,peas, noolkol, cauliflower - about 2 cups
Onion 1 large
Tomato 1 large
Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
Curry leaves 2 sprigs
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Oil 2 tbsp
Dhaniya/coriander powder 2 tsp
Chilli powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves 2 3 sprigs
To grind to a smooth paste
Whole garam masala spices - cardamoms,cloves,cinnamon sticks -2 each
Fennel seeds/saunf - 1 tsp
Coconut 2 tablespoon
Cashew nuts 5-6
- Chop the vegetables in equal sized cubes and pressure cook with water enough to cover them.Add salt to this.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds once they pop add the curryleaves and onions.
- Saute onions until they turn translucent, then add the ginger garlic paste.Saute well until you get a beautiful aroma.
- Add tomato and let all of this mash up well in the heat.
- Add the dhaniya and chilli powders and fry until raw smell goes away.
- Add the vegetables and the water it was cooked it.
- Simmer well until you get the right consistency you're looking for.
- Add the ground paste and allow gravy to boil for 10 mins.
- Turn off the heat and garnish with curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Rich and creamy gravy is ready too be served with rotis or parotas or just bread!