Friday, April 19, 2013

Spiced Watermelon Juice

Should I even tell anyone how hot it is in Chennai!phew!I can say that i'm almost melting :) Thank God for such heavenly blessings fruits they are natural coolants to our poor bodies.

I know you must be wondering why I'm making a juice out of this when it is so yummylicious to have it just by itself.Its so cooling and refreshing in its every bite but this juice is a good substitute for those who can't do without their teas and coffees.


I have heard many people say how watermelons are too cooling and kids catch a cold too soon I don't know how much thats true now because fruits are so healthy right.So when my LM comes back dripping in sweat I make her a glass of this juice and all goodness goes in at one go.


This I watched on tv long back one of the many recipes of Sanjeev Kapoor I used to watch religiously on tv.But I haven't added many more of the stuff he had mentioned.

To make this juice, you need

Watermelons chopped 2 cups (don't bother to de-seed) 
Sugar/Honey as per need
Mint leaves/pudhina 4 sprigs
Lime juice 1 tablespoon
Ginger 1 inch piece

  • Whizz everything up in a blender and sieve it if you feel like drinking juice without any tid-bits else your refreshing juice is ready to go.



Cooling watermelon spiced juice is ready to cool your head :) 

Sending this to Summer Splash

20 comments:

  1. I am horribly thirsty seeing this Princy..terrific recipe.Refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ginger will make it more delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very refreshing juice...perfect for people like me who prefer the juice rather than the fruit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh..thts a great drink to quench you thirst & save you from the heat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fruits are healthy and its sure is as per your recipe. Its also creates a cooling sensation for the humid and hot weather we are going through.

    ReplyDelete
  6. its scorching here... Such a refreshing juice

    ReplyDelete
  7. super refreshing drink,definitely a thirsty quencher.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very tempting n refreshing drink...
    MAHA

    ReplyDelete
  9. It іs reаlly a nіcе and helpful pieсe of information.
    Ι'm happy that you shared this helpful info with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

    my blog post :: vitamin shoppe omega 3 fish oil mercury

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks refreshing and addition of mint ! Wow

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is so refreshing... love the addition of ginger, must try!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great refresher! nice clicks as well

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your pictures and recipes, they are mouth watering. Would love for you to share them with us at foodieportal.com. Over at foodieportal.com we are not photography expert snobs, we are just foodies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey babe...I just had a similar watermelon spiced drink last w'end at my uncle's 60th b'day bash....n i'd thought I shd experiment. Going to try this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely presentation,love any variation of watermelon,tastes delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by and giving me all the encouragement to keep going.

You May also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis