Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Quick Bhel - instant tea time snack

Its summer already and is it just me(blame it on the heat) I'm so hungry always :) I decided to have this easy to make bhel which is so cooling and refreshing and filling all the same time!

Bhel is a very popular street food/train food in Mumbai.When I was in college me and my friends used to munch on this bhel while getting back home.Such a tangy crispy snack that can be enjoyed my old and young all alike.  



Usually bhel is served with some crispy puris, sev puffed rice, onions and drizzled with sweet and sour chutneys. Since i'm making it as a regular snack now i just add vegetables available and puffed rice.



There is no recipe as such but to make this you need:

Puffed rice 1 cup
Finely chopped vegetables - onions,tomatoes,cucumbers
Lime juice as needed
Chilli powder as needed
Chopped coriander leaves/cilantro as needed
Salt (optional)
Chaat masala optional

Take a mixing bowl add the vegetables, cilantro along with the puffed rice,Chaat masala, chilli powder and salt to taste.Sprinkle the lime juice and mix well, serve immediately else the puffed rice will go soggy.



Enjoy a cool refreshing snack for tea!


14 comments:

  1. super addictive snack.Love to finish those bowls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drooling here !!!
    Mast bhel :) love it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so refreshing and sounds so quick : Perfect snack for tea-time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Yum! Its an ideal snack for the summers...light and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. addictive snack,i am love to have them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. any time is bhel time for me. yummy. do visit me too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy bhel. Wish I could grab one bowl !

    ReplyDelete
  8. delicious quick bhel dear .. lovely presentation .. they are tempting me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. For newest information you have to go to see the web and on
    world-wide-web I found this web page as a finest site for newest updates.


    my blog neck and shoulder pain after sleeping

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello there, You've done a fantastic job. I will definitely digg it and personally suggest to my friends. I'm confident they
    will be benefited from this website.

    my weblog: Golf Instruction Kindle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simple & tasty snack!! Loved it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by and giving me all the encouragement to keep going.

You May also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis