Sunday, March 24, 2013

Chicken biryani with green spices - My 200th post

It was around this time last year that I started blogging actively since I don't have a proper date I first actively started blogging, I decided to celebrate my 100s(I registered this blog account in 2006) and I reached 200 posts today. I want to celebrate my joy with this flavourful biryani to all my virtual world friends who make me come back to write every post.



When I reached my 100th, i was sceptical if i could go on, and this is a feat i could achieve only because of all the encouragement i receive from my lovely bloggy friends and The Lord almighty above. I remember the simple hymn ' All things bright and beautiful .... ' we learnt in school just a simple song that reminds us that all things small or big were made by the Great God.



I like to try out different biryanis often so much so that I usually never stick on to the same one. I found this recipe( altered to my tastes) long back while I was in London(I think everyone knows that I didn't have blender/mixie there)I used a mint chutney out of a jar to make this biryani except for the color(the mint from the jar gives you a blacking shade than a greenish one) everything used to be perfect.

You need to do this in 3 steps :

Marinade 
Chicken 1/2 kg 
Yogurt 2 tablespoons
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 2 tsp
Garam masala 2 tsps
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Aniseeds/ saunf 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
Salt to taste
  • Marinate the chicken for about half hour or more for best results.


Grind
Large handfull of coriander leaves and mint leaves with a little water


Biryani
Basmati rice 2 and half cups soaked for about 1 hour
Water 5 cups
Whole spices 
  • cardamom 5 
  • cloves 5 
  • cardamom 2 pieces
  • star anise 1 

Green chillies 2 slit at the top
Cashews and raisins optional few of both 
Curd 2 tablespoon
Onions 2 large chopped finely
Tomato 2 large finely
Oil/Butter/Ghee 3-4 Tablespoons
Lime juice 2 tablespoons
  • Heat oil in a wide mouthed dish/vessel(whichever you want to prepare the biryani in), add oil/butter and add the whole spices in.
  • As the spices pop, add green chillies and onions.Let it fry well until dark brown and caramelized.
  • Add the marinated chicken and cook well in the chicken's own juices.
  • Add the green paste and let it coat the chicken well.
  • Add the chopped tomatoes and cover it so the tomatoes breakdown soon.
  • Add the curd to this and stir well.
  • Drain the rice and add the basmati rice to this.
  • Add the water and check for salt now.Add the lime juice to this water.If you find the spices less add garam masala to your taste now.
  • Cover the vessel now and let it cook for 12-15 mins on medium flame.


Serve yummy flavourful biryani hot with raita and papads.

14 comments:

  1. My Favt..!!
    Lovely


    "Announcing My First Giveaway"

    http://hyderabadicuisinerecipes-angel.blogspot.com/2013/02/announcing-my-first-giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats for your 200th post.Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations princy... that's such a lovely biriyani... may u go even more further in the blogging world... dear, i accidentally deleted ur comment on my vettu cake post... :( thank u for such lovely words... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your 200th post! 200 is a huge number of dishes!!!! I love biriyani anytime... this post has started the craving in me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very tempting chicken briyani...salivating here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations....Go ahead and celebrate many more centuries
    http://accessiblediary.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Princy on ur 200th post,keep on going gal..

    Briyani,the word itself makes me drool, wat a tempting one pot meal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow what a lovely biryani to feast with :) congrats on your milestone dear... wishing you many more to come

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations on reaching this milestone... looking forward to plenty of recipes in your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats!...recipe looks simple but tasty..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your venture of blogging. Keep going and I love your flavored lovely chicken beriyani. Its my kind of food and my utmost love for rice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chicken biryani looks absolutely delicious! Congrats on your 200th post! :)
    http://www.rita-bose-cooking.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Am craving for some Biryani now.. Looks super delicious..!! Wish I was there when u made this :) Congrats on reaching 200 posts wish u many more success in blogging :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by and giving me all the encouragement to keep going.

You May also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis