If you have leftover cake this is what you need to do them?This recipe is so great I could bake a new cake and go ahead with this.
With Valentine;s day coming I wanted to do something with chocolate as i have a bunch of chocolate addicts at home(i'm included)!I had this big Valor chocolate bar sitting in the fridge and I didn't want to just munch on it.
The cake that didn't charm anyone anymore, vanished like magic :) Thank the cake balls!
Cake a few pieces
Milk/semi sweet Chocolate 100gm
Condensed milk 1 tablespoon
Oil 1 tsp (optional)
- Crumble the cake in a bowl with a fork (or use hands)
- Add the condensed milk and make the cake mix into a workable blob of dough(not too loose as we need to roll them into balls)
- Make small balls of the cake mix and place it on a sheet of aluminium paper or lined baking tray.
- Leave the cake balls in the freezer for atleast 2 hours to firm.
- Chop the chocolate into tiny pieces and microwave it to soften until smooth or use a double boiler and melt the chocolate.
- After 2 hours, get the cake balls and roll them in the chocolate sauce.
- Repeat for the remaining dough and freeze again.
- Leave it for about 10 minutes before serving.
Sending this to Just 4 fun@Good Food,
Kid;s delight Something Sweet@Edible Entertainment hosted for Srivalli
Love Lock with Sweets created by Vidhya of Sweet Karam Kapi
Valentine's Day Event
- "Sweet Luv" - Anything Sweet
- Let's Cook #12 ~ Sweet Somethings
- Let's cook for valentine chocolate/hearts
- CC-Dish For Loved Ones
- Valentine Fest - Served with Love
- Valentines Day Special
- I used a pound cake about 4 pieces.
- You can add a spoon of oil to loosen the chocolate, this doesn't alter the taste of the chocolate.
- You can use any plain or flavored cake to make the dough.Preferably less sweet as i mixed condensed milk it was a lil too sweet...not complaining though :)