Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Carrot Walnut cake

This is such an amazing cake.I never thought carrots could taste this good in a cake :) And with the cream cheese frosting its out of the world.I have received great comments for sharing this cake with my friends and family.

To make this cake you need

Flour/maida 1 cup
Eggs 2 nos
Sugar(brown+white) 1 cup 
Grated carrots 1.5 cup
walnuts/pecans/raisins 0.5 cup
Vegetable oil 1/2 cup
Yogurt 1/2 cup
baking soda 1tsp
sodium bicarb 1tsp
vanilla essence 1tsp
Cinnamon powder 1tsp
salt a pinch.

For the frosting:
Cream cheese 1/4 cup
butter 1/4  cup
vanilla essence 1 tsp
caster sugar 3 cups

  • Preheat oven to 170deg. Grease and flour bowl(i use a Pyrex bowl)
  • Combine all the dry ingredients until well combined.
  • In a separate bowl, mix sugar,oil,eggs,yogurt and vanilla essence until well mixed.
  • Mix in carrots and nuts,combine all the dry ingredients into the wet mixture.And mix until well combined.
  • Pour into bowl and bake at 170deg until the skewer comes out clean at the center.For about 40 minutes.[since I'm still experimenting with my convection oven, I'm sorry about not giving you the exact time]
right out of the oven :)

    For the frosting, beat together the cream cheese,butter and sugar and vanilla essence one at a time until all is a smooth mix.[I just baked a carrot cake but didn't get too lavish with the frosting...frosting is after all for special occasions]

    Cool the cake completely before frosting the cake.

    Enjoy your cake with a hot cup of coffee :)


    3 comments:

    1. wow its been long since I have baked anything seems lovely ...fun baking....

      ReplyDelete
    2. if this is the same carrot cake you made for us... I know for a fact it's tasty, soft and delicious!

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for coming by and giving me all the encouragement to keep going.

    You May also like

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

    ShareThis