Friday, April 17, 2009

Beetroot Halwa

My aunty used to make this halwa for me whenever she visited me while I was pregnant.its very easy to make.The only tedious job is to grate the beet.
You need :
Beetroot 1 grated
Sugar 10 tspns
Cardomom 3
Cloves 1
Salt a pinch
Milk 1 cup
Ghee 3 Tblspn
Water 1/2 cup
Almonds 10nos powdered/chopped coursely
Method
  • In a cooker,add the grated beetroot and add the water and allow to cook for 2 whistles on high flame.
  • Powder the sugar,cardomoms,cloves.
  • Once the pressure releases from the cooker, add the powdered sugar mix and milk and salt.Cook this mixture in the cooker itself till the water evaporates almost fully.
  • Add ghee just before the water is completely gone.
  • Add the almonds after turning off the heat.
  • Mix well and cool before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by and giving me all the encouragement to keep going.

You May also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis